Is your job one of those that has you on your feet all day? Are you constantly dealing with back pain, sore feet, and tight muscles? If so, don't worry – you're not alone. Millions of people deal with this type of pain on a daily basis. But the good news is that there are some simple stretches you can do to help prevent it. Stretching is a great way help prevent pain and injuries. Even if you only do them once or twice a day, they can make a big difference in your comfort level. So, give them a try and see for yourself!
- Calf stretch: Put your hands on a wall and step back with one leg. Keeping your heel on the ground, lean into the wall until you feel a stretch in your calf. Hold for 30 seconds and repeat on the other side. Here is a video tutorial to help guide you through these stretches.
- Hamstring stretch: Sit on the ground with your legs straight out in front of you. Reach for your toes, and if you can't quite reach them, just hold onto your legs as close to your toes as you can. You should feel a stretch in your hamstrings. Hold for 30 seconds and repeat on the other side.
- Quadriceps stretch: Stand with your feet hip-width apart and grab your right ankle with your right hand. Pull your heel up towards your butt and hold for 30 seconds. Repeat on the other side.
- Hip flexor stretch: Kneel on one knee with your other foot out in front of you and put your hands on your hips. Keeping your back straight, lean forward until you feel a stretch in your front hip. Hold for 30 seconds and repeat on the other side.
- Glute stretch: Lie on your back with both knees bent and feet flat on the ground. Cross one leg over the other and grab your thigh with your opposite hand. Pull your leg towards your chest until you feel a stretch in your glutes. Hold for 30 seconds and repeat on the other side.
- Lower back stretch: Lie on your back with both knees bent and feet flat on the ground. Bring one knee to your chest and hug it with both arms. Hold for 30 seconds and repeat on the other side.
In addition to these stretches, we recommend using a topical anti-inflammatory, such as Mod Pod Soothe, to help relieve any discomfort you may experience throughout the day. Soothe contains 1000mg of CBD, arnica, eucalyptus, and lavender oils. This ultra-potent combination will reduce pain for a minimum of 4 hours. If you want effective pain relief without the CBD or your job frowns upon the use of CBD (this one is for you factory workers!), then Mod Pod Recover is a great option.
If you’re like most people, you spend most of your day on your feet. Whether you’re a cashier, nurse, or teacher, chances are good that at some point during the day your feet start to hurt. The good news is that there are stretches you can do to keep your muscles strong and flexible, which will help prevent foot pain and injuries. So, before you put those tired dogs up for the night, be sure to give them a good stretch! Have you tried any of these stretches for tired feet? If not, what are you waiting for?
If you have foot pain that won’t resolve, please call our office at 859-264-1141 or schedule an appointment online and let us help get your feet back to their healthy selves!