Valentine’s Day can be frustrating. Not only do you have the stress of trying to find a gift to express your love, but we are also tempted to stray from our healthy living New Year’s resolution due to the advertisement of candy and expensive dinners. Let us help make your Valentine’s Day a little less stressful. We have gift and dinner ideas for you below!
The Perfect Gift
Flowers and chocolates are common go-to gifts, but for a truly memorable Valentine’s Day, give you or your loved one a well-deserved night of pampering with the Mod Pod Valentine’s Bouquet. Start the evening out with a long foot soak using Relax. During your soak, be sure to use Buff to give yourself a true spa experience and exfoliate your feet. If you really want to go above and beyond, try getting a spa massager to elevate your experience. After your soak, the mood-balancing mixture of Shea butter and grapefruit essential oil in Nourish is the perfect combination to leave your skin glowing and refreshed. Finish off your evening of pampering with the soothing power of CBD. You are guaranteed the give your loved one the relaxing evening of their dreams with this bouquet! Be sure to stop by and pick up your Mod Pod Bouquet in time for Valentine’s Day!
Valentine’s Day Dinner
For those of you who are being truly romantic this Valentine’s Day and want to make your partner a homecooked meal, we have the perfect recipe for you: pasta primavera. Pasta is the perfect Valentine’s Day dish, just look at Lady and the Tramp if you need further convincing. However, pasta is not your friend if you are on a health journey. However, indulging in a delicious Italian dish does not have to throw you off track. Not only is pasta primavera delicious, but it is also super easy to make! Check out the recipe below:
- 3 cups Whole Wheat Penne (uncooked)
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Broccoli (chopped into small florets)
- 1 cup Red Onion
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Zucchini (medium, chopped)
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 2 tsps Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt (divided to taste)
- 2 tbsps Lemon Juice (to taste)
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano (shredded, plus more for garnish)
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the broccoli for two to three minutes. Add the onion, bell pepper, zucchini, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and half the salt, cook until tender, about five to eight minutes.
- Add the pasta, lemon juice, and parmesan. Season with the remaining salt to taste, if needed.
- Divide into bowls and garnish with parmesan (optional), Enjoy!
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days.
One serving equals approximately two cups.
Use brown rice pasta, quinoa pasta, or chickpea pasta instead of whole wheat penne.
Add garlic and garnish with parsley.
Add peas, beans, asparagus, yellow squash, red pepper flakes, or black pepper.
Make it Vegan
Use nutritional yeast or vegan cheese instead of parmesan.