Dr. Amy Barko CWSP, C.Ped.
Born and raised in Mentor, Ohio, Cleveland's east side, Dr. Amy Barko, CWSP, C.Ped. knew she wanted to be a doctor since she could talk. Her grandmother stills laughs about it!
Dr. Barko has always enjoyed performing surgery for patients that need specialized care. Her care philosophy is to exhaust conservative care first. Seeing her patients progress through post-op surgical appointments is very rewarding. She loves nothing more than to get patients back to their activities and daily routine.
She is on staff at St. Joe East and Baptist Health.
Dr. Barko has recently been named as an Associate Professor at the University of Kentucky College of Medicine.
I enjoy ALL aspects of podiatry, but wound care is by far my favorite and that is why I was motivated to go the extra step and get my wound care board certification.
She loves that she has the opportunity to work together with her patients to create a comprehensive wound care treatment plan that is based on their lifestyle, activity level, and goals.
She is always compassionate and thorough while explaining wound care procedures and at-home care directions because Dr. Barko knows that most of the healing happens at home. While over 70,000 diabetics this year will undergo amputation, she is committed to reducing that risk for patients under her care.
If you're a diabetic at risk for serious ulcers and wounds, she'd love to be a part of your care team.
If you're a fan of Dr. Pimple Popper or My Feet Are Killing Me, subscribe to her YouTube channel.
- Board Certified, Wound Care (2017)
- State of Kentucky Licensure (2013)
- DPM: Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine Independence, Ohio OH (2009)
- ABC Certified Pedorthist (C.Ped.)
- Fellowship: University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio: July 2012 - June 2013
- Residency: University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio: July 2009 - June 2012
- Professional: Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, Independence, Ohio Date of Graduation: May 2009
- Undergraduate: Ursuline College, Pepper Pike, Ohio
- Degree: Bachelor of Science, premed Biology, with a minor in Chemistry and Math Date of Graduation: May 2005
After graduating from podiatry school at the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, Dr. Barko completed a three-year split program surgical residency at University Hospitals of Cleveland and the Cleveland Clinic.
After her residency, Dr. Barko pursued a fellowship in wound care and infectious disease through University Hospitals.