Lexington Podiatry provides numerous tests that are often only performed at a hospital as a convenience to our patients. We believe in giving our patients all the tools possible to ensure the best outcomes for their diagnosis.
- Digital X-Rays – Immediate pictures of all the bones in the foot and ankle, used to look at angles of the bones, find fractures, heel spurs, hammertoes, bunions, etc.
- Ultrasounds – A live video used to look below the surface of the skin to examine muscles, tendons, joints and bones to determine where your source of pain is coming from.
- ABI – A painless test used to evaluate your circulation and determine reasons for swelling, poor healing, cold feet, etc.
- EMG/NCV – Test the nerves in your lower body to explain why any burning, tingling, numbness or chronic pain won’t resolve. Also helpful to determine if your back is the cause of your foot pain.
- Diabetes – Whether you’re a newly diagnosed diabetic or have been diagnosed for years, many different tests are used (monofilament sensory test, NCV/EMG, ABI, gait analysis, etc) in the office to evaluate your current health status and help prevent complications in the future.
- Biopsy – A quick test to examine your nerves on a microscopic level. Helpful in determining how healthy your nerves are, which could be causing chronic pain. Biopsies can also be performed on nails to confirm fungus and also questionable moles or lesions to rule out malignancy.
- Fall Risk Assessment – Fast, painless test to assess level of risk for future falls and appropriately prevent them.
If you are experiencing foot pain, call our office at 859-264-1411 or make an online appointment.
Have you downloaded Dr. Freels’ FREE Heel Pain e-Book? It’s a great resource complete with great stretches and at-home pain relief remedies.