Our phone number is (859) 264 – 1141. Due to the high volume of calls we receive daily, we use an automated system for all phone calls. Voicemails are checked several times throughout the day and discussed with physicians in between patients. We will make every effort to return your call by the end of the day. Routine calls received after 4:30 may not receive a phone call till the following day. Urgent calls are triaged by our nursing staff and calls are returned as quickly as possible.
At any time, you may contact your provider securely through the patient portal and they will respond within a day, during normal business hours.
We are located in the Midway College Building just off Sir Barton Dr. in the Hamburg Shopping Area with handicap accessibility, plenty of parking directly around the building and easy access from the interstate. For exact directions from your location, enter your address on our location page map and step-by-step GPS directions are available.
- If you haven’t already, please fill out the new patient information through our patient portal. If you did not receive an email with your login information, please call 859-264-1141.
- Please bring your driver’s license, valid insurance card and form of payment.
- Please wear or bring the shoes you wear most often. If you may be fitted with a brace, bring a pair of tennis shoes.
- If you have orthotics, please bring them – even if they are from somewhere else or if you didn’t wear them much.
- Make note of any and all symptoms you have.
- Bring a list of the medication you are currently taking.
- If you will need assistance getting into our offices, please let us know ahead of time. We’ll be happy to help!
- In order to ensure we are respectful of other patients’ scheduled appointments, we will reschedule your appointment if you are more than 15 minutes late.
Insurance typically covers one pair of orthotics per year. Some insurances actually cover two per year. No worries, we provide a complimentary benefits check BEFORE your visit so there are no surprises for you.
DAY BEFORE YOUR SURGERY
- Explicitly follow any guidelines given to you at your previous visit.
- Don’t shave near the area where the surgery is to be performed.
- If you are a smoker, please don’t smoke the day before.
- Don’t eat or drink after midnight.
DAY OF YOUR SURGERY
- Make sure you arrive an hour before your appointment time at the Kentucky Surgery Center or two hours before your appointment time at St. Joe East.
- If you’ve been instructed to take any routine or other medication, please take it prior to showing up for your appointment.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing, including flat shoes.
- If you wear contacts, please wear your glasses instead.
- Depending on the surgical area, or if you are administered general anesthesia, you will not be permitted to drive home. Make sure you’ve made arrangements.
We recommend taking it easy the rest of the day.
If you must return to work that day and have an office position, prop your foot up while wearing an open-toe style shoe to avoid putting pressure on the nail.
If your position requires some type of steel-toe or rigid shoes and you must return to work, we recommend taking it ‘as easy as possible’ and frequently remove your shoe to visually inspect for any signs of bleeding or swelling.
This is not recommended as continuous pressure immediately following removal can delay healing and increase chances of an infection.
No. However, it is the most effective prescription corrective device used to prevent your issue from getting worse.
We are very mindful that you have many choices for medical care and we thank you for choosing us. Our providers are attentive to the individual needs of each patient. Appointment times most often run on time, but if there is a medical emergency, an appointment time may be delayed. In the rare event that we are delayed, we will do our best to communicate in a timely manner and assure you that you will receive the same individualized care.
Please help yourself to the free coffee and hot tea in our reception area. Additional snacks are available should you need some refreshment while you wait. Just ask our friendly receptionist team!
We strive to run on time to respect our patient’s busy schedules. If you are late for your appointment time, we will do our best to see you in order, but you may be worked in behind other patients that were on time. If you are 15 minutes late, you will be rescheduled.
Depending on your insurance, X-Rays are typically a covered treatment by most insurance plans. If your insurance happens to not cover them, we can work with you to set a self pay price, usually running between $30-$50.
The cost of your visit depends on your insurance. Many times, the front of your insurance card will tell you the co-pay that you will be responsible for paying when you come to see a specialist.
However, as a courtesy to you, we will call your insurance company ahead of time to see if your first visit will be covered and to get an estimated coverage for various services that we offer (which you will be informed of upon your first visit).
Have a high deductible? Don’t worry, we understand. Please contact our Billing Manager, Salena at 859-264-1141 ext 53 or email her at Salena@lexpodiatry.com if you are interested in learning how you can save by becoming a prompt pay patient at Lexington Podiatry.
We care about your health, and want to make sure you have options to get the help you need. Many treatments and medical products are covered by Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts as well. In addition, we offer Care Credit.
This test determines if the small nerve fibers throughout your legs and feet are functioning properly.
Depending on if you’re a male/female and your age, you have a certain range that your nerves should be functioning at. This test shows if you are functioning in your range or not and measures the density of the nerve fibers found in your skin. From there, we can determine if you need a medication or need to be referred out to a neurologist for more testing.
We provide complimentary insurance verifications to check benefits/dme coverage before your appointment.
If you have a deductible that has not been met, you may be required to cover the portion that your insurance doesn’t cover. We do offer Care Credit and payment plans on certain items. Our billing department can help clarify your questions, but your insurance provider is a valuable resource for these questions as well.
Yes, we are! Information for new patients can be found here.
Your refund will be issued in the form of a paper check. Please allow 60 days from the date of insurance payment to receive the reimbursement.
Yes. Your toenails reveal many things about your overall health, including whether you may have toenail fungus.
No, laser therapy, although it is the most advanced treatment for fungal toenails, is still considered a cosmetic service. Many lasers that are being advertised are not strong enough to penetrate the nail bed – it’s necessary to use a laser that is strong enough to reach the fungal infection. Although insurance does not currently cover laser therapy, Care Credit, Health Savings Accounts and Flex Spending Accounts will cover the procedure. Learn more about Laser Therapy for Fungal Nails and whether this treatment option is for you.
Yes! We often take our medical team to corporate events, job sites and health fairs to conduct complimentary foot screenings. If you’re interested in having us out to your own place of work, contact Elise at Elise@lexpodiatry.com for more information.
Yes! Laser therapy for pain has proven very effective, is quick and the results can be immediate. Learn more about Laser Therapy and what diagnoses it is best for.